MODEL 2000E-6 Age Verifier
Model 2000E-6 2D PDF-417 Barcode and Magnetic Stripe Card Reader for PCs:
The Model 2000E-6 reads 2D PDF-417 Barcode, and Magnetic Stripe encoded driver's licenses and IDs. All valid US driver's licenses and ID Cards, Canadian drivers' licenses and INS cards can now be electronically read by one device. Airports, hotels, nightclubs, restaurant, banks, check cashing facilities, etc. can now have electronic ID reading with one small add-on unit.
Standard Product Features:
High Performance 2 Dimensional - PDF 417 Bar Code Reading. Built-in High Performance 3 Track Magnetic Stripe Reader. Small Footprint for Ease of use in all Checkout, Front End and Security sensitive Environments. Unique, Breakthrough 2D Barcode Reading Technology. Easy Operation: Simply insert and remove the 2D Encoded ID Card. RS -232 output is easily integrated into most software applications.
Affordable Electronic Age Verification (EAV):
As more states and Federal Agencies standardize on the use of 2D Barcode as a method of encoding data on driver's licenses and other forms of ID, it is imperative that a reliable, low cost method of reading the code be available. The inherent advantages of the 2D barcode make the ability to efficiently read 2D Barcode not only desirable, but also mandatory for applications requiring Age Verification, ID Validation and Security. The Model 2000E-6 additionally provides for the reading of ID cards through the transition phase as magnetic stripe cards are replaced with 2D Barcode versions. This solution is also ideal for POS environments as the Magnetic Stripe Card Reader can also be utilized for swiping credit card information to process sales transactions
Breakthrough Technology in 2D Barcode Reading:
The Model 2000E-6 2D Bar Code and Magnetic Stripe Reader provides a reliable and affordable business solution for Age Verification and transaction processing while concurrently reducing the risk inherent in face-to-face transactions. The STI Model 2000E-6 reader combined with an Electronic Transaction or POS terminal solution provides a reliable, low cost method of Age Verification, ID Checking utilizing the benefits provided by the 2D Barcode. Additionally, this is a solution for today using the Magnetic Stripe, and also becomes a solution for the long term, as the 2D Barcode evolves to become a national standard for driver's license and ID card data encoding. The Model 2000E-6 incorporates breakthrough technology and revolutionary decode firmware, and Windows® - based PCAV Software both designed and developed to provide a 2D Bar Code reader and Magnetic Stripe read capability unsurpassed in performance, ease of use and price as compared with any product available in the market today.
The Result -High Performance Accurate Reads AND Ease of Use for both 2D and Magnetic Stripe:
The Model 2000E-6 provides the ability to add high performance 2D Barcode reading and Age Verification capability today at a truly affordable price thereby gaining protection for the retailer against potential infractions in age-restricted applications. With the addition of the Model 2000E-6 the merchant can have a comprehensive Electronic Age Verification (EAV) capability today that is both affordable and long term. Additionally the Model 2000E-6 provides the accuracy and reliability required in Security and badge reading applications. There are simply no moving parts or motors to break or fail. The only movement required for the Model 2000E-6 is from the person's hand that inserts and removes the 2D encoded card or swipes the Magnetic Stripe.
The 2000E-6 System consists of 2 main elements:
- Our resident PC AV program that accepts data contained on driver's licenses and ID cards that follow AAMVA published Standards and many other state's driver's licenses that do not follow the Standards. This data is then processed to perform a number of actions discussed in detail in our PC AV Driver's License/ID Card Reader System User's Guide.
- The second element consists of this scanning device that captures the encoded data that may be in the form of magnetic stripe data and/or PDF-417 2D bar code data. This device is discussed in detail in our User's Guide.
Barcode Decoder: Two Dimensional: PDF-417 Linear Barcodes: Code 39, Code 128
Card Operating Mode Hands-free, Manual Insertion of ID Card or Magstripe Swipe action
Interface Models: 2000E-6/1 (RS-232C Serial Port) and 2000E-6/2 (USB)
Power Requirements 36 ma @ 5VDC -Idle; 400 ma Maximum
Dimensions 2.25" H x 2.64" W x 4.79" D
Weight 198 grams (7.0 oz)
Card Size ISO Standard Size 2.125" (53.98 mm) x 3.375" (85.73 mm)
Housing ABS plastic in Black or OEM color
Operating Temperature 32 to 122° F (0 to 50° C)
Humidity 10% to 90%, non-condensing
PC Program Function:
Our PC AV Program is automatically loaded when the PC is powered ON. It remains resident and is activated when it receives and detects a driver's license has been read and transmitted to either the PC serial port, or, in other cases, to a USB port.
- It reads the Birth Date and Expiration Date encoded on a driver's license and compares the data to the PC clock settings.
- It controls the display to indicate the Age and License validity.
- It stores the records representing cards read for the creation of a Database.txt file to be used to record all drivers' licenses and/or ID cards read. Three other files can be generated. One would create an edited record file. The second captures a complete record of all card read, including duplicate records. The third is a CSV File that can be used for multiple purposes. This is covered in more detail in our User's Guide.
Selecting an Age Verifier
|Model 2000E-6 Age Verifier w/USB
Other Age Verifier Models - ID Checkers
or call (541) 601-8282 for more information on the 2000E-6 Age Verifier